Redmi Note 3 is a great phone, when we could install all the apps we wanted and getting rid of the one we do not use. Since Redmi Note 3 is launched in mainland China, and its their regulation not to included Google Play Store but only offering Mi Store or other apps which we are not familiar with.
As my unit came with a vendor installed MIUI 7.1 Stable 18.104.22.168 (LHNCNCJ) ROM, which did come with Google Play Store but the biggest problem was the bloatware, malware and adsware, which is annoying and resource consuming. I moved on to "Hands-on flashing Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool on Redmi Note 3" to the Official MIUI 7 Stable ROM V22.214.171.124.LHNCNCJ. This does not come with a Google Play Store, so here we are going to install one.
IMPORTANT: Before even going any further, please make sure you enable your settings for installing a 3rd party APK files. READ my tutorial on installing APK at this link: Installing APK file on your Redmi Note 2 for noobies
- Updated V2 of the popular Google Installer by Eric Xiang.
- Supports Kitkat, Lollipop & Marshmallow
- Easy installation.
- Google Play Services.
- Google Play Store.
- Google Services Framework.
- Google Calendar Sync.
- Google Contacts Sync.
Just SCAN using your QR scanner.
FROM YOUR PC/COMPUTER:
1. Click the flashing Google Installer Icon to download the “Google Installer_2.0”.
3. Just follow thru’ the sequence like the illustrations below. Goto File Explorer > APKs > "Google Installer_2.0.apk”
4. Launch the Google Installer icon. Once it open you will see the blue circle and click Blue Circle to start the installation and follow the sequence as shown below:-
Note: Just click OK and Install, do not click launch at anytime during the installation of the apps.
5. Towards the end of the installation, just follow the illustration to click the RED CIRCLE. and accept the terms, click Allow Google to read SMS, finally go thru the setup of Google sign-in, as follows:-
6. As you can see your phone is busy syncing the contact and other Google Apps, as shown below:-
7. Next we are going to install the latest apk for Google Play Store and Google Play Services, to avoid any compatibility error and sluggishness. To install just go to your Explorer > APKs and install both of the APKs, as shown below:-
8. After you are all done with the installation, reboot your device. After it is back on, you could now check Google > Settings > scroll up, that it is installed with a Build version 6.2.10.A-all  2590673, as shown below:-
These are the apps or bloatware, that I gotten rid of, to regain some storage space, as shown below:-
CREDIT: Eric Xiang for the useful Google Installer_2.0.
I will not be responsible for any harm, damage, that may occur to your device through the use of this tutorial. Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this tutorial or any related work without explicit permission.
"Solving with Simplicity"
© 2016 Felix Senada. All rights reserved.