Greeting to MIUI-er fans...
Rooting is the process of allowing the user to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.
This is a hassle-free Rooting process with the help of my batch file specifically for Redmi Note 3 (SD) using SuperSU and TWRP recovery to flash many of your favorite custom ROM and apps.
- Stable China ROM
- Bootloader Unlock (Note: Guide to Apply permission & Unlock bootloader)
- Microsoft® Windows® 8/7/10 (32 or 64-bits).
- USB Port on your PC/Laptop
- USB DATA cable (the one that came with your device)
- Enable OEM Unlock - Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > Enable OEM Unlock
- Enable USB Debugging - Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging - Enable (If you have not activated Developer options, then Goto Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times > You are now a developer)
- Download and install Universal Adb Driver
- Download and unzipped TWRP3.0_RN3_SD_feds64.zip
- Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65.zip and moved it to your "Download" root directory on your phone for easy access.
Flashing TWRP recovery:
After you done that, open the "TWRP3.0_RN3_SD_feds64" folder and double click on "Flash_TWRP3SD.bat" to start the process, as shown below:-
From here onwards, please follow the instruction as required on the command screen, as shown below:-
After completing the flash of TWRP, you will go into the TWRP Mount menu page, as follows:-
Caution: When you ticked, Mount system partition read-only, you will get OTA updates for the Official ROM and not otherwise, as shown below:-
Then proceed to Main menu and choose, Select Zip File/SD Card/Download/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65, Swipe to Install, as shown below:-
Adjust time to your time zone, change language and you could make backup and restore later, as shown below:-
Then REBOOT SYSTEM accordingly, as shown below:-
Run SuperSU, Install an addon backup script that will let SuperSU survive custom ROM updates and nightlies? accordingly to ease yourself from losing SuperSU everything you get an updates, as follows:-
Now you have SuperSU installed, and you can download Root Checker to out whether ROOT has been done properly, as shown below:-
Now you are done with TWRP, SuperSU and you have successfully ROOTED your REDMI NOTE 3 (SD).
DISCLAIMER: DO ON YOUR OWN RISK. Flashing can potentially bricked or bootloop your device.
"Solving with simplicity"